A wonderful discovery for me.
- *DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT STOP TAKING YOUR MEDICATIONS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR. IF YOU DECIDE TO START USING KRATOM PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE USING KRATOM.*
- Kratom is derived from a tropical tree (Mitragyna speciosa) which is native to Southeast Asia. The leaves contain compounds that can have psychotropic (mind-altering) effects. (HOWEVER, it does not get you “high” not in my opinion.) I do not use Kratom as a recreational drug to get high, I use it as a holistic healer.
- Kratom is classified a controlled substance in 6 states. Many people even use Kratom to help with opiate withdrawal due to the alkaloids that mimic opioids BUT are not opioids. Kratom may be a safe alternative to methadone and Suboxone, and can even help those who take those medications to safely stop taking them entirely. I think that is amazing. Imagine a world where addicted individuals may somewhat comfortably withdrawal from a drug without using another harmful pharmaceutical drug.
- This is a plant that comes in many different strains, deriving from the green and red veins from the leaves. Each strain possesses different effects. Kratom provides Mood enhancement, pain relief, SOME mild euphoria, anti anxiety properties and even more. There are so many healing properties that come from this plant. I use Kratom mainly for mood enhancement and anti anxiety properties.
- I have tried almost every strain now. I first researched A LOT and found reputable venders online, mainly close to where I live and definitely within the United States. I have tried the powder by itself (ew) and then I switched to the capsules, it’s easier to control in my opinion. I want to keep researching the healing properties of Kratom further, but so far, Kratom has helped immensely with anxiety, depression and boosting my energy.
- Kratom has actually helped me reduce the amount of Klonopin I take per day. I am not saying I am quitting klonopin, that would be dangerous, but it’s helping me taper to the lowest level that I have ever tolerated, and I actually feel more clear-headed. I feel calm and relaxed. Kratom is not physically addictive either, which is a relief in itself.
- This is just a topic I wanted to address, giving my personal opinion on Kratom. Kratom is a unique plant. It is not like marijuana or CBD oil, it is something else entirely. It does not even show up on a drug panel, and like I said, it does not get me high. I believe it may be a safe alternative to powerful pharmaceutical drugs and a safer way for withdrawing from other drugs. It has legitimate healing properties.
- I will discuss more on the topic soon. There is WAY MORE science to Kratom than just the color of the leaves. I just wanted to update readers about something I have found to be extremely helpful to my therapy.